View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #11
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have any of you ever dealt with someone that obviously dislikes children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilla_marion View Post
Well I haven't really met any children haters since I've had my DD. We did sit next to a woman on a plane once who just completely and totally ignored us but that was fine, it was clear to me she didn't really care for children but she just ignored us, never made a comment or said anything even when Kit would try to touch her, so oh well. heh

BUT, when I used to cashier for Target the older, maybe in their late 50's couple came in buying a present for their grandchild and proceeded to tell me how they never really liked children and were disappointed that their son decided to have kids...and were hoping their daughter wouldn't ever have children....I was standing there and in my head I was o.0 but couldn't say anything, hehe....I mean, how sad it must have been to be raised by people who don't like children and wish they hadn't had you....horrible...
WTH?? Why did they even have their own child ever....I think I would have had to say...Oh children are such a blessing in my eyes or something...

Oh I do remember when I had DS, a friend of mine who doesn't like children came to visit me in the hospital. And she proceeded to tell me how she hated when people used their children as an excuse...[example: Oh I can't come at that time because it's my LO's nap time...or I wasn't able to make it to work today because my child was ill...etc.]...

She was always so negative about children and such and I just chewed her out good right there in the hospital with my DH and best friend shaking their head at her..
I mean come on ... My DS had just literally been born about 12 hours before and this lady is telling me this junk....I didn't talk to her much after that!