View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
Dire Wolf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: getting early advice

How did you begin your latch? If you have breasts larger than a C cup, you may want to sort of flatten the nipple to a sort of football like shape when putting it in baby's mouth. Also, rub the nipple on the edge of the mouth to encourage them to open really wide for a good latch. Also, wear loose support for your breasts for the first few weeks. Like tank tops with shelf bras or a nursing bra a cup too large. I did that with my second dd and I have had no mastitis issues and we just passed our one year milestone. Get the La Leche League manual, they have a section on babies with tongue tie. http://store.llli.org/public/profile/201 Also try to find a La Leche League group in your area, there may be women who have had the same problem and they may have advice that can help you overcome that problem should it arise. Dont stress about it too much, there is nothing you can do about nursing until the baby is born, so getting upset or worrying about it will help no one. I knowhow difficult that can be, but really try to just enjoy being pregnant and let the rest just be, kwim? HTH

Wife to Karl, mother in our blended home.
Ask me about the Grossman Burn Center in Sherman Oaks.
Dire Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote