View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #11
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does your 2 yr old say? Any 2-3+ word sentences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alabamamom* View Post
I feel like my guy is behind in comparision.. I think all the darn ear infections really had an impact because he couldn't hear clearly.. hopefully he'll catch up and bypass where he should be.. he sure does try and gets in the notion some days to repeat whatever I ask him to (he tries to anyways! LOL!) Some days he'll go to the gate at the bottom of the stairs and just holler loudly at the older kids to come down, and he'll jabber a whole mouth full like he's yelling at them and commanding them to get down here. He frowns his little eyebrows and puts his little hand in a fist.. it's is SOOO cute!
I meant to tell you that I keep a 2 1/2 yo little girl (b-day was Oct) and she is about on the same level as Layla. I think your DS is where HE SHOULD BE. Comparing will drive you bonkers. as long as he is developing and growing and you see his speech improving, then be confident that he's exactly where he should be. Every child is different and each develops at their own readiness.

My oldest DS didn't even try to say mommy until he was 16mo and now I can't get him to hush. Layla has a very outgoing personality too and wants to talk to everyone. I think personality has a lot to do with it too. If your LO is more laid back and has a quieter disposition, he may not try or want to speak a lot of words. I garuntee that he knows and understands so much more than what you think thouh. Give it time and he'll be talking up a storm.