View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
couple of newbie questions - help?

I did not bf w/ dd, and really want to this time. I'm due in four and a half weeks. I will be able to stay home w/ this baby for about 2.5-3 months, then will be working full time and needing to pump. I have several questions, and am very new to all this - please speak slowly and use really small words

1 - I am looking at the medela pump in style advance. Any drawbacks to that, things I should know?

2 - I will only be able to pump once a day at work, around 11 or 11:30-ish. I can pump again after 3, but I could also just cross the street and pick up the baby and nurse at the sitters then, too, which I'd rather do. I've been reading about people needing to pump multiple times a day while at work. Has anyone successfully done it with just one pumping session while at work?

3 - What would you suggest i stock up on before birth? I'm thinking nipple butter, but what else? I'm making my own breast pads, and am looking for nursing bras and such.

4 - How long was it until you were at a stable bra size after giving birth? Maybe that's an ignorant question, but with dd, by boobs were HUGE right after birth, then shrunk right back when I did not nurse. How do I know what size bra to get? I'm a 34B pre-pregnancy and am about a 36C right now.

5 - My dh doesn't want to buy a pump until we know if I'm going to be successful at bf'ing, but I am concerned about building up a freezer stash...I have a manual pump now, would that be enough to begin with, or should I really get a good electric pump now or just after birth to really get a good stash going?

6 - I'm terrified of the baby not taking a bottle - my bff's ds did that and she had to quit work. What bottles/nipple combos have worked for you? I am also concerned about getting bpa free bottles, but glass is not an option b/c the sitter doesn't want them around the other kids - too much chance they'll break.

7 - if you wish you'd known one thing or done one thing differently when you started, what is it?
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote