View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OMG homework driving me nuts!...

OK We just moved so that means a new school for my son...well at his old school he had minimal homeowrk and it was easy as a breeze for him...his new school has a ton...like double sided worksheets first day he had 7 worksheets! and has to do reading...well his school gets out at 3:45 we don't get home till oh 5:20 or so and he goes to bed at 7:30...how on earth is all this to be done plus eat, bath, brush teeth and have time to be a kid???...Now this is what really annoys me...Taiven keeps leaving his room homework in hand acting like he can't do it...like he can't read it on his own, can't do the problems even though the work was harder at his old school he is just probably overwhelmed by the amount...I am at my whitts end with him coming out every two seconds saying I can't do this one or I need help with this when he KNOWS how to do it he just wants me to do it for him which I would never do but of course he will try try again to get me to and I hate to be a meany about it But come on...the kid has been reading since he was 3 so when he says he can't read a problem its not the problem, I feel for him because he has a ton of work, but I also know he needs to get it done and banninghim to his room until he is done is how I am getting him to stop annoying me with how to do every single problem, I have him wait to th very end and ask me all at once if there is a problem he couldn't do but then of course he has them all done...BUT It takes him coming out three or four times everyday this week before I get so mad I say stay in there I am not doing it for you! Am I talking to the wall??????????? sorry just needed to vent