Old 05-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
mdeveer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2 Smiley 2 Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck411 View Post
This is gonna sound crazy, but my DD, going on 4 months next week smiles and giggles so much it's hard for me to nurse her. She gets latched on - goes at it for a minute or less, then pops off laughing or smiling....... What is up with that????? I'll usually fight with her for a few minutes - switch sides a couple times then give up and attempt to enertain her. Then she'll keep doing it for several hours or what would be 2-3 feedings, until she gets upset cuz she's so hungry and then I have a hard time feeding her cuz she's screaming! What do I do?????
This was sooooo my DD at the same age! However, I was very fortunate in that she was sleeping through the night (10 hours!), so, although, she was distracted, she was also hungry enough to eat. I had more soaking-shirt problems!! It made me sad not to watch her eat, but since I was so distracting to her I started reading while she was nursing. The less eye contact, the better for us.