View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #5
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Reactive airway disease?

This sounds like what my daycare guy has. He'll be out 3 days this week for pneumonia and was almost hospitalized last night after being in the ER all day and night with O2 stats of like 92... The neb wasn't bringing it up at all so they figured he'd do better at home with mom and brother than in the PICU. He was there exactly 1yr ago for the same thing! He had RSV and pneumonia, double ear infection his whole 1st yr and FINALLY got approved for tubes about 6 mos ago. He's done a lot better since then. It was kinda ironic b/c he was EBF for the first 8mos and sicker than any baby I knew! He does live with a smoker though but didn't when it all started so they can't say that its WHY, but it doesn't help. I got air purifiers for every room in my house when I started watching him so that I didn't aggrivate anything. We live in an older (40's) house and don't have the best ventilation... but we're working on it.
They started him on Kids Claritin (OTC) and a neb w/ pulmicort & albuterol which is also what my DS was on when he had a viral thing going on but tested neg for RSV. They had the same treatment so she said just to treat him like he had RSV and so this yr we have to be careful again, esp. with my daycare guy already having pneumonia!