View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
increase supply for pumping?

I know this has probably been asked before and I am sorry - I just don't have time or energy to search right now. I am pumping for the twins. They are only a few days old but can't nurse yet so I am pumping every 2 hours and once at night to get my supply out. I am currently getting about 1-2 ounces per breast. Well since I have been in the NICU with the twins about every other day they keep running out of BM in between times. I don't have a huge problem with them feeding the twins preemie formula - it is better than starving the babies obviously...but Cannon is having problems digesting the formula. When he gets BM he has no problems with residuals after eating and when he gets formula he always has a lot - last feeding they only did it 1/2 strength formula because the residual was so bad. So of course I would rather he get just BM since he can actually digest that and then the sooner they eat all their food by nipple and digest it all without problem the sooner they can come home. So what can I do to increase my production so that I can leave enough over there and bring enough with me to last until I come back for both babies - Ryder is having no problems with digesting and I would like to keep it that way! Thanks for any input!