View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
lyra1977
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Strange question maybe??? from an adopting bfer

Hi! I'm trying to induce lactation and I have a pump on hand and domperidone on order. I have a couple of questions about my pump for those of you with experience. I have the Medela Lactina, purchased on ebay.

Question #1: when I pump with it (and I want to clarify that I am not yet producing any milk, and my baby has not yet arrived either) I notice that it seems to pull my nipples out of shape. OK, I don't know the correct terminology for the tip of the nipple where the milk comes out, but I would think that that part of my nipple should be being sucked in and out in the center of the pump cups and instead after a minute or so of pumping that tip of my nipple is rubbing up against the side of the cup and then after pumping my nipples look misshapen. Is this normal?!?! It's freaking me out. I do have Lanisoh that I use after every pumping and only rarely do I have any pain at all, when I dial up the pressure a bit too high. Any advice?

Question #2: How often do you think I need to be cleaning the pump since I'm not gathering milk with it yet?

Thanks for your wisdom, in advance!