View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Problems, advice needed...

I have had problems since my dd got her teeth at 12 months. It seemed at first that she really didn't know what to do with those teeth in there. She seems to be clamping down when she latches on now, but only on the left side. She was doing it on both sides, but now it only seems to be on the one side. She has drawn blood on several occassions. I have been through two rounds of antibiotics for mastitus and I have had constant pain in the left brest after nursing. The lactation consultant seems to think I have a bleb and that it needs to be lanced. My OB said I need to go to a surgeon and that she feels it is just a latch problem. Now it seems that most of the pain is about 30 min after I nurse on that side. I have a whitening of the nipple and extreme pain from deep in the breast. It seems like it is a vasospasm, but I have no idea what the cause could be except this clamping down thing that she does at the initial latch. But, I have no idea why she does this, especially since she is not doing it on the other side at all. It has gotten so bad that I am almost to the point of weaning on that side. I don't know what to do. Has anyone ever experienced this?
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote