View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I guess daycare wasn't the right choice for us. :(

Any child that goes from staying home to being around other kids a lot will get sick a lot in the begining. It can happen now, or it can happen when he starts school. As for letting sick kids in, if they kept every kid out with a runny nose, kids wouldn't be there more than half the time. My sitter doesn't allow kids with temperatures or who are vomiting, but just a runny nose or a cough - if she kept my dd out every time she had a little cold, I'd be home from work more than I'd be at work. Kids have to build up immune systems at some point, kwim? When I started teaching I was sick *every* week almost - I caught every little bug. Now I have an incredibly strong immune system.

It doesn't sound like that great of a center, though, from your description of the caregivers. It might be better to enroll him in a real preschool program a few mornings a week rather than an actual daycare. That way he's around teachers, not teenagers, and building skills for school, and will still get the stimulation he needs and interaction with others.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote