View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #17
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why don't people breastfeed?

With my first ds I bf for 4 weeks - we had lots of latch problems and I had no idea how to fix them. I was cracked and bleeding and because of this not making enough milk. The pedi told me to start supplimenting because that would help well my supply went down from there and I didn't have any education on bf. With my ds#2 we started bf then about 3 weeks into it we stopped and started bottle feeding. I had pp depression, was in a lot of pain from the csection and basically our whole world was crashing down. I was also upset cause I had to go back to work when he was 7 weeks old. I did keep pumping and tried to restart bf again when I felt a little better however it didn't work very well but he did get at least one bottle of bm everyday till he was 6 months old. Now with ds#3 he is 14 months and still bf. I think a lot has to do with education as I researched everything with ds#3 as I was determined to make it work. My sister just had her first and I supported her and helped her but she still quit after 2 months. It is very incovienient for some people and they listen to their pedi when they say they aren't growing enough even though they are growing steadily (I did the same with ds#1). Sorry this got so long.