View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #12
mommyto2presidents
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone with a reflux baby/toddler??

DD had/has reflux since 3 weeks of age - she is now almost 3.5. We didn't like the side-effects of Reglan and found a really good result with both Prevacid AND Pepcid simultaneously. DH and I opted for no testing since she didn't arch/cry while eating and her symptoms were well managed on the meds. Her only lasting result is that she had a tough time eating table foods until she was about 3 (I mean she wasn't able to eat many solids due to her reflux so she was behind her peers in her eating habits - she was still eating stage 2 jarred baby food at 2) and she still battles constipation. Only got her off the meds in March/April.

DS has reflux but he is a "happy" and "silent" refluxer, but he too is on meds (Prevacid).

I can't give guidance on the testing as your son is in pain, whereas mine weren't nearly as bad. I guess what it comes down to is if the testing will let you sleep better at night knowing you did it to find out for sure what's going on. I hope you find the answer you're looking for and that your DS gets better REALLY soon!