View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #36
kimpo76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Man, why does she have to cry ALL the darn time?

Oh my goodness, your post could have been mine just a few months ago. I know that exercise ball all too well and that crazy lower back ache it creates from bouncing on it all day!

My DD was colicky for exactly 4 months and 9 days. Yes, I know the exact day because at the end of the day on the 4th of July my DH and I looked at each and said, "Was Katie pretty content today, or did I just imagine that?" And from that point on she's become happier and happier. She is a complete sweetheart now, but I remember just a few months ago feeling like I was a complete failure as a mother. My best friend had a baby two weeks after me who was this little lump of smooshy baby-ness that cuddled and slept on his mommy's chest all day long, while I had this screaming lunatic of a baby that wouldn't stay still or quiet from the second she came out of me! My friend could take her baby anywhere with her and by 3 months old I had resigned myself to the fact that I would never be able to take my daughter anywhere by myself (thankfully, I can take her wherever I want to now!). My house seemed very small those first few months of Katie's life.

We tried a million things to try and ease the crying and each week we would discover something that worked for a while and then a couple days later we would be back at square one. I read every book on the market that had the word "Fussy" in the title. I really hope the elimination diet works for you. But if it doesn't, just keep on hanging in there like you have been because it WILL get better. A LOT better. My only piece of advice is to try and get your baby back to sleep as often and as much as possible. I always felt bad that as soon as Katie started crying that I wanted to try and get her to take a nap again, even if she had just woken up. But if I could go back I think I would have tried to get her to nap even more often. Katie still is very sensitive when it comes to sleep and becomes a terror if she misses a nap. I don't know if that is true of all babies that begin their life as colicky newborns, but it certainly is true for my DD! Good luck and please feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk to someone who has been there...because I HAVE DEFINITELY BEEN THERE!
kimpo76 is offline   Reply With Quote