View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
SAHMLamar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Car Seat Dilemma: WWYD? (with 2 dc or more)

It's pretty long. OK- So my mom offered to get my YDD a new carseat for Christmas. My ODD is currently in a Britax Roundabout and we love it. YDD, still in her carrier (but will definately need a new one by Christmas).

We plan to have more dc and are currently thinking we'll just allow the Lord to send them as He feels. Though with 1st dd, no AF until I started weaning at 13 mo. No sign of her now... All that to say that we think we could have another dc within 1-2 years again...

So I was thinking I'd get ODD either a belt positioning booster, like the Britax Parkway. Or maybe a seat , the Platinum CarGo Booster Car Seat by Graco, that is a 5 pt. harness until 40 lbs, then belt postitioning until 100.

My ODD will be 2.5 right before Christmas. Following the growth chart, I estimate that at Christmas she will be almost 37" and almost exactly 30 lbs. I guess what I'm trying to figue out is what to do?

ETA: We have a car now (Toyota Camry) and HOPE we'll have a van by the next dc, but no guarantees, so space is an issue...

I could get ODD a new carseat that will last her until she outgrows them at 8. And a Britax Parkway def. would last that long. But would she really be safe in one at 2.5? I could get her the convertible booster, and then when's she's like 5, get her a small booster and give the convertible to my YDD. I could leave her in her Roundabout until she's about 5 and then get her a regular booster seat and get YDD a roundabout, too. If got YDD a roundabout, we could hopefully pass that one to a new baby, and pass ODD's down to YDD. Following?

I do like that most of the other carseats have cupholders, as we allow drinking in the car. And we're really tight not using a carseat that has expired (they expire after 5 years of use) and her roundabout will expire shortly after she turns 5.

I just don't know how long a child should be in a 5 pt harness vs. a belt positioning. I just really don't know what to do. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Hope this wasn't too confusing. Thanks.

Last edited by SAHMLamar; 10-15-2006 at 02:20 PM.
SAHMLamar is offline   Reply With Quote