View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

9 mo loooooooose stools -UPDATE IN 1ST POST

WELL WE JUST GOT BACK FROM THE ER. THEY WANTED US TO GO TO THE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL AFTER CONTINUED DIAREAH & HARDLY ANY EATING ON THE 9 MO PART YESTERDAY & THEN NO DRINKING TODAY & HE STARTED TO PUKE TO BOOT BUT AFTER 3 DETOURS & AN HOUR + 40 MINS IN THE CAR TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THE HECK WE WERE WE JUST WENT TO THE HOSPITAL WE COULD FIND! ANYWAY, THE DOC SAID IT'S ROTAVIRUS FOR BOTH BOYS.

THE 3 YO IS OK... FUSSY/CRANKY/SMART BUTT TO EVERYTHING I SAY. GUESS THAT'S HIS WAY OF BEING SICK!!!

BABY IS FUSSY... FEELING BETTER AFTER THE IV I GUESS. WAS TOLD NO MILK BASED STUFF OR FOOD. FLUIDS/PEDIALYTE-ISH STUFF ONLY WHICH SHOULD BE FUN FOR THE NEXT 24-HOURS SINCE HE WON'T TAKE PEDIALYTE & I DON'T BLAME HIM - TASTES LIKE CRAPOLA! LOL THEY WERE GOING TO ADMIT HIM IF THE IV DIDN'T HELP BUT HE SEEMS A LOT BETTER. STILL NOT 110% BUT WAY BETTER & HONESTLY I'M HAPPIER WE'RE AT HOME.

Anything I can/should do for him? My older DS has them too... so I'm not sure if it's related at all. I thought older DS was diet since he's not acting sick at all. But younger DS has been really fussy the past day or two & then all the sudden he's pooping up a storm (3yo has just had 2 loose stools so could just be fruit since it's one today & one yesterday he's not sick at all).

The baby is like pooping every chance he gets & it's runnnnny. It stinks to high heaven. He's not very willing to drink anything. I'm having to really force the issue. He drank once at 7 am & once around 3 pm & it's 5:30 now & he's resisting. He's had one pee dipe & the rest lots & lots of poo. He's slept 4 times today which is really odd for him - long naps & acted rather fussy too.

Any suggestions? He seems more willing to eat than drink. And I've tried offering liquidy-ish foods & he won't take them. He'll only take bread or puffs... no nannas, fruit, etc. It's bread/puffs or nada.

Last edited by CMamma; 10-17-2006 at 08:38 PM.
CMamma is offline   Reply With Quote