View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #31
jujusmommy
Registered Users
Formerly: catherine**ne

My Mood:
Re: Weird dr app't... when are you supposed to start "real food"?

I actually took our daughter to the NP at her 4 month shots/well baby check. When we got on the subject of baby food she said to start with cereal and see how she did and then if she acts like she wants to eat go ahead with the veggies and then fruit. Well, she hated the cereal. So I tried squash. She ate it but gave me the mom, seriously this sucks look. So after a few days we tried sweet potatoes. Now at almost five months she loves her food. She even pulls the spoon into her mouth. She is trying to crawl...gets her butt up, just can't get her whole body up. Go figure since daddy isn't due to come home from overseas for at least one more month!!! Anyway, she just seemed ready and our Dr.'s kept saying don't hold her back. She would watch us eat and open her mouth. Such a smart little cookie!!! She really likes when I bake the sweet potatoes and give them to her. Lately I just give her a bite of what we are having.