View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #20
mom23girls
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: HELP!!!ANYONE here trying to BF and have health issues since pregnancy/birth?

Kaydee - I also had preeclampsia when Iwas pregnant and then had very high bp's afterwards. Right now the most important thing is to take care of yourself - even if it means taking bp meds. There are many save bp meds to take however when you are nursing. Another website to get some additional preeclampsia information and some information on mamas who are breastfeeding while taking bp meds is: www.preclampsia.org. I take Toprol and Norvasc right now and FINALLY my BP is down to a managable level. Both were approved by my pedi/neonatologist for use while BF. Also get a copy of the Dr. Hale's Medications & Nursing - you can also find out his information online.

The pump is super important like others have said. I'm glad you have a hospital grade pump - it will make alot of difference. The SNS is a great idea - I didn't get that suggestion either though - I wonder why they don't offer it more? Would be a good question!

My dd was exclusively bottle fed for a little over a month and didn't really catch on to nursing until the couple of months but she's great at it now and transitions really easily - don't give up hope!

PM me if you have other questions about my pp experience or would like more information on bp meds - I'll see what I can do to help!