View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Some advice would be great.

A couple of things...

First, it sounds like you could have been in prodromal labor...kind of like practice labor. With dd (my second-ds, my first I had SROM) I was in labor on and off for a few weeks, and dilated to a 5 by the time my labor actually started. Once it actually started, I was only in labor for 4 1/2 hours. I'm sure I would have been "failure to progress" according to most doctors, and they would have tried to augment my labor. Lucky for me though, we went UC.

Second, DON'T lay down to give birth! Your pelvis closes off 30% when you lay down. So if you do have a "larger" baby, you are doing your body and your baby a HUGE disservice by submitting to laying down to birth. Birth upright, squatting, or on all fours.

Third, read this thread here on DS...it gave me a LOT more confidence in birthing big babies as I've had two *almost* 7lb babies and thats it.