View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #18
Babyvan
Registered Users

Re: Those who delay, selec. vax, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom View Post
Well that went about as well as I thought. Looks like we'll be getting a new doc. I'm gonna wander over to MDC to see if anyone is around me and knows about one.
Are there any other health professionals I could use?
Do you think there will be any reprocussions from me not vaxing and leaving my current doc? I really liked them, too.
I was really lucky that our Ped (although she is pro-vax) doesn't push vax's. She has a lot of parents who don't vax their kids. She told me outright that she is ok w/ whatever I decided I want to do.

But we took our third ds to my dh's doc once for a "guy" thing and he asked if our ds was current on vax's. Since I was scoping out male dr's for our boys, I didn't lie (like I normally would have for a one-time visit w/ a doc we don't normally see)....I wanted to see what his reaction would be. He reacted so strongly that I was taken aback. I feel for those of you who have had to deal w/ this, especially if you were not prepared for it. He did tell me that he would not see us if our children were not vax'd that we were harming our children, blah blah blah. That's fine. because I don't want to see a doc like that anyway (besides I do not respect this doc for other reasons).

Good luck finding a better suited doc!

** Oh, I forgot to say, you should find out what the exemption laws are in your state. You can look that up here. You should be prepared to do the paperwork and have your reasoning lined out for why you are not vaxing (your religious or philosophical reason). If they pressure you any more on the religious reasons or ask you about it or to defend it, or what your formal affiliation is, you don't have to answer that. It is possible that a doc could call CPS on you, but it's not likely. If you have your stuff in order, you should be fine. If no one shows up w/in 24 hours, they probably won't.

Last edited by Babyvan; 10-17-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Babyvan is offline   Reply With Quote