View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
kelllilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
flat fold demos

hey all, I wanted to share a couple flat folds I've been playing with

My DD is snoozing and I don't have someone to help take pics, so I used my mannequin so the fit isn't quite the same you'd get with a real baby, but for educational/demonstrative purposes it works.

hopefully the pics aren't too big..

First up, what I call the "scroll fold". Similar to the jelly roll fold for prefolds:
Start by folding the flat in half.

Fold up in the front and down about 1-2" in the back. Adjust the front depending on what you need for the rise.

Roll in both sides until they are about 2-3" apart in the middle.

Lay baby on diaper and bring the front up

fan out the back and front wings (dont' unroll between the legs, only unroll as much as you need for a wing)

Snappi or pin, do the same to the other side and there you have it!

Nice and snug around legs, no poop getting out of here!

Next is the modified bikini twist. I couldn't find any good demo of how to do a bikini twist with a flat cause there was always extra bits of fabric hanging out, getting in the way, sagging, etc... So here's the best way to do it. It also puts LOTS of layers right in the wetzone. LOVE this one for overnights!

Again start with the flat folded in half

bring the front up to the level you need (practice will help you figure out how long to make it. You can also fold the back down if you think you need extra poop protection)

Fold under to make a triangle with the top piece.

Lay baby on the diaper and make your twist.

Bring up between baby's legs, fan out and snappi/pin one side.

Fasten other side. I typically have to adjust a couple times to get it really snug on the legs. With the bikini twist keep in mind that the front wing on the right tightens with the left back wing.

With practice you can get it really nice and snug with no drooping. If the front is a little "baggy" above the snappi, just fold it down to give it a bit flatter appearance.