View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #31
asandwick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just when I finally made it this far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmnJJsMom View Post
Oh, and also, she doesn't get fluids ANYWHERE but from the breast, she refuses a sippy cup, reg cup, and a straw. I tried a bottle of pumped milk about a month and a half ago because I was very sick and couldn't eat so I had a low milk supply, she wouldnt touch it...nursed through the whole sickness even tho it was very obvious I had almost no milk.
Mine both refused anything but breastmilk (from the breast) Dh started getting them to take water from a straw, he would get alittle in the straw and put his finger over it and just let go on their tongue! They loved it after they understood wht the heck it was!
Ds was also terribly constipated when he was 3-4mo old ~ straining & everything, exclusively bf. A friend told me to eat blueberries (I had tried everything else including prune juice which just made me sick). The blueberries WORKED! I ate tons & tons!
When I used fruit in feeding them it helped too, they even loved the prunes
And...after the first month I could never get my milk through pumping so I always used water ans a Drop or 2 of unsweeted juice ~ for flavor in making the cereal for them...Sorry to ramble, I just had flashbacks!
to you Mama!!!!
asandwick is offline   Reply With Quote