View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 09:45 AM   #9
LimeInTheCoconut
Registered Users

Re: Demand Nursing/when/does it end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eochoa View Post
She's only in the 10th percentile for weight, and she's 11 pounds, 4 months old. I know I felt like crying when he said that too!
Oh, please. What does he care how often you nurse her at night? Is he the one getting up with her? Give me a break. This is not a medical issue, so he should just stay out of it, IMNSHO (=in my NOT SO HUMBLE opinion).

My DS is 9 months old and still wakes up once a night to eat, and it's not because he doesn't eat during the day. He eats lots, both solids and milkies, but he's still hungry when he wakes up in the middle of the night.

I'm okay with that...I remember waking up hungry in the middle of the night when I was pg, and I'm sure glad nobody made ME cry it out!

When he was 4 months old, my DS was waking up at least two or three times during the night to eat. Breastmilk digests quickly, and 4-month-olds do not have very big tummies. Duh, Dr. Cry-it-out.

And I should add that I know a lot of babies wake up even more than my son did/does. Just follow your good mommy instincts and feed that kid!
LimeInTheCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote