View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
~sarah~
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Bad" parenting or just different?

Let me try to address some of the questions while I have a minute:

~It's hard for me to be very hands-on with Amy (like feeding her) since most of my time is spent trying to keep up with Sean. I can't imagine how hard it must be for moms of 2 LOs so close in age!

~She claims that Amy prefers to eat by herself. That she likes it better being left alone in her carseat w/the bottle propped up. I think that's BS and that Becky (the SD) prefers it so she can go out and smoke and talk on the phone. What 3.5 month old doesn't prefer to be held?

~I've mentioned things like holding her to feed her and changing diapers more often but that's when she says things like that Amy prefers to eat alone and that she used to change her after every pee but that was just too often and she went through too many diapers that way. See this post.

~She mostly wears long pants and t-shirts or sweatshirts in the house. She says that they have a lot of baby clothes and I've offered her some of Sean's old gender neutral clothes but she doesn't seem interested.

I don't know how to tell someone to parent differently. She has complained that her SIL acts like she's such a better parent and always tells her how to take care of her baby and it makes her mad.
~sarah~ is offline   Reply With Quote