Thread: Some questions
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:
Some questions

Ds is 4 months and I have a few questions.

1) We just started co-sleeping with him. Well, we did in the beginning but then put him in the bassinet for a couple months, and have now started again. He just sleeps so much better with us. In his own bed, he wakes at least twice a night, in our bed, it is usually just once. My question is, how long do you co-sleep? I will be very honest and say I don't want to do it for very long, really just until he is sleeping through the night consistently. That is my feeling now, but things could change I know. I just feel like hubby and I need our time as well, and we only get that in bed. So when I am ready, how do I break him of the co-sleep? I am just scared to death it will be a great battle.

2) We still swaddle him. It is the only way he will sleep. The swaddle, the carseat while driving, or being held while rocking. Obviously the last 2 are not real options most of the time. Do you think it is okay that he still requires this? Is it good for his development? Again, how will/when should I break him of this? I don't mind to continue to swaddle, but I know he will soon grow out of the blanket I use! I am really worried that he will continue to require this and will not learn to soothe himself to sleep. I have thought of a sleep sack, but it the arm restriction that he really loves. He can be fussing and crying b/c he is sleepy, and if you hold his arms down, he will settle and go to sleep. First time he stirs though and his arms are loose, he wakes himself and cannot settle down alone.

I know he is only 4 months, I am just always thinking ahead with things like this. If there is something I can do now to save heartache later, that is what I want to do. But most of all, I want to do what is best for him.

Also, he does take a paci, sparingly, so that will not help with the swaddle-breaking.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote