Old 06-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hugs Please - Feeling like a horrible mommy :(

I need some hugs mamas!

A couple of hours ago, I was getting ready to go into Goodwill, and dd was asleep in her car seat. So I'm getting the stroller ready so I can just put her in it and let her keep napping. A couple were trying to get in their car next to me, so I moved over and shut the door a bit so the woman could get in. After they pull out, I turn back and the DOOR IS LOCKED!!! I usually slip the keys in my pocket while I'm getting ready to get dd out, but stupid me put them in the diaper bag, which is on the backseat! I start trying to get the door open bc it wasn't closed all the way, but just enough to catch. So I ran in the store and asked for help, someone called 911 for me, and this really nice older man goes out and tries to open the doors with a fishing pole I guess he had in his car. He had the presence of mind to cover the back window with a blanket, and I went back in to get another one. This woman wouldn't let me take it out (ok, I can kind of understand), and then tells me that someone just called 911 to report me. I had this news story I saw about a mom getting arrested for leaving her kid in the car to do something a few feet away flash in my mind, and I'm like OMGosh, now not only is dd stuck in the car, but I'm going to jail! I'm not a careless mama, I usually carry two sets of keys when we're out, I just made the dumbest mistake ever.

So I ran back outside and a woman (turned out to be the manager) was on her cell phone calling 911 to get the fire dept to come open my car. The woman that was in the store was leaving in her car and asks how old dd is, and if it was her child she'd be breaking the window because she could die, like I am just standing there chilling or something. Ok, I already know it is a serious situation, I have nothing to break the window with, the fire dept is on the way, and I am obviously bawling my eyes out. How is that helpful?! Then dd woke up and started bawling. A firetruck was there in like one minute after the phone call, and there was a man on each door trying to get them open. People were just standing around watching while I'm crying, and the sweet store manager was the only one trying to make me feel better.

They got the doors open in a minute flat, and I grabbed dd out. She was super red in the face and sweaty, but the paramedic said she looked fine and to just take her home, cool her down, and give her fluids. She seems fine now, and luckily she was asleep for most of the 10 min max she was in there. I cried the whole way home. She is fine, but I am still shaky. I don't think I've ever been that scared in my life.

Someone please give me a hug!

I am a child of God.
Airyl is offline   Reply With Quote