View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
punkmama3
Registered Users

Re: csection vs. vbac for #2 anyone else??

I had a c/s with my 3rd. My OB said I recovered beautifully for a woman discharged 27 hrs after having it done, hahahaha.
So far my OB has been wonderful. He supports my VBAC decision (I'm planning for a unassisted birth), and I didn't schedule a csection date. When he asked me about going over, I just said it didn't concern me, and he said ok.
Just be happy your doctor said no pitocin, it could cause alot of problems (my doctor won't let me go near it at all, which is fine by me! I don't ever want to be induced again!). You don't want to be induced if you've had a c/s. The chances of you having an emergency section is alot higher with induction.
The only reason they say they're going to monitor you all the time is to check for the baby's heartrate, which doesn't usually mean anything. It's also to check for a rupture, but that doesn't occur very often (I think it's about 1.2% of the time of something). And monitoring doesn't usually pick up on it.

I second Henci Goer's book. It's excellent. Also, trust yourself and what YOU want.

Good luck, mama. And remember to *breathe*.

*hugs*

Old DS feedback here: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=2838.0
punkmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote