View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
tranmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I succombed to using jarred baby food...kinda LONG...

I'm so caught up in what the "experts" (doctors, family, friends) say is "right". They have me constantly questioning my methods, and I take a lot of criticism. I don't have a lot of self-esteem in regards to the choices I'm making for her, because my choices have been completely different to those made by the people closest to me, even completely different than the choices I made when I had my son eleven years ago. Everything I do now is different, so I'm not only being questioned by those around me, but also by myself. I was told by my dearest friend, who breastfed all three of her boys, the first two beyond one year, that by the time DD is a year old, I should only be nursing her once in the morning and once at night, and maybe once during the middle of the night. Otherwise, she needs mostly solids by a year old. There are other issues I'm dealing with right now, in addition to this, that I might put on a thread elsewhere, regarding cosleeping and babywearing. Apparently, I'm digging myself a big hole, according to everyone around me. I need to get some encouragement from a few people. I'm just trying to do what's best for my children and myself.