View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
Beebug123
Registered Users

Re: Co-Sleeping... when to stop??

I have to agree that you just do it until they or you don't want to anymore. We co-slept with our older daughter. I worked and I loved getting all the snuggle time with her. Prob by 6 months or so she fell asleep in her crib and then during the night I brought her into our bed for the rest of the night. When she got her toddler bed at 1 1/2 she would come to our room on her own. Then as she got to be 2 and understood more we told her she had to wait until the sun came up to come to our room. If she came in during the night we walked her back to bed and told her when the sun was up. Even now at nearly 4 she will come in and tell me the sun is up and crawl back in bed with me for another hour or so before we get up. When DH is OOT I let her stay with me the whole night. Now DD2 has never slept in our bed. She loved being swaddled at night so we left her in a pack n play next to our bed. She slept through the night at a very early age I think because she was so big. At 6 months I put her in her crib and she sleeps all night without waking up. In the morning when she gets her bottle I bring her back to bed to snuggle with DD1 and I. We will continue like that until they simply don't want to.