Re: Do I have to start with rice cereal? (kind of a rant, kind of a question)
here is what i was told to look for:
Signs that indicate baby is developmentally ready for solids include:
1. Baby can sit up well without support.
2. Baby has lost the tongue-thrust reflex and does not automatically push solids out of his mouth with his tongue.
3. Baby is ready and willing to chew.
4. Baby is developing a “pincer” grasp, where he picks up food or other objects between thumb and forefinger. Using the fingers and scraping the food into the palm of the hand (palmar grasp) does not substitute for pincer grasp development.
5. Baby is eager to participate in mealtime and may try to grab food and put it in his mouth.
Also whenever you do decide to start solids(not talking about a cold piece of fruit or veggie for nawing while teething) when they start to digest; if your baby is cutting a tooth or getting over a illness wait about a week after and then introduce foods; and this will go for everytime tooth and illness. Why; because then you will know if baby is reacting to food or it is part of the teething/illness.
DanielP:04-10-07 ASPERGERS~DouglasG:07-18-08 AUTISTIC~11-12-09
IsaBella:11-03-10 UC (IBD)
ISO-girl/gn: trainers, girls: 4yr/5t fall/winter clothes, boys: 6yr lined wind pants, 8yr sweat pants
Last edited by eragsdale; 06-25-2008 at 01:17 PM.