View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
trippsmom
Registered Users
seller

Location: Little Rock, but my heart is still in Greenville, AL
My Mood:
Just starting and having problems

DS is exclusively breastfed and has been since birth. He is a little over 6 months old and has 2 teeth. He crawls on hands and knees/ hands and feet and pull up on everything. He started showing interest in our food, opens mouth when we pick up something to eat. He'll bite off food if its offered. He WILL NOT eat baby food. I've tried all kinds of jarred food and he spits it out. If you give him a saltine, he gnaws on it with all he's got. Today I made fresh green beans from the farmers' market, and he ate them just like I did. I didn't season them in the pot so they were pretty bland, but he didn't care. He would take one in his hand straight to his mouth, chomp a peice off and chew it until he swallowed. Is this ok? I plan on bfing for the majority until he gets a good variety under his belt. Is this ok? Is there any real reason to do the mushy baby food thing?
Rachel- CPST - wife to Lester and blessed to be the cd-ing, bw-ing, delay/selective vaxing and extended r****** and b****** pt-SAHM to my little man Tripp 12/22/07 And Aubrey Elisabeth 11/20/2009 My all natural drug-free hospital birth!
Riding in 2 Radian XTSL's, a Coccoro and True Fit Premier
trippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote