View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
ariandlilysmommy
Banned

My Mood:
Can Anyone Help?

Okay mommas here is the story.
My youngest is now 4 months old. Labor with her was induced because of problems she wash having. I had her at 35 weeks and she weighed 4lbs 7oz. She weighed in at 4lbs even when we left the hospital. Once at home she was given nothing but breast milk for the first month. To our surprise she didn't gain any weight at all. Her doctor then put her on formula and told me to cut my loses breastfeeding isn't for everyone. Now that she is 4 months and has gained very well and is doing great I would like to try breastfeeding again with her. My milk hasn't completely dried up yet but there isn't much there. Any advice from you mommas would help.
What do drink, eat, do etc.....
Anything to build back up my supply so I can give her the best. Please help I am completely clueless right now. No one in my family or my DH's has breastfed so they are no help. Don't even offer support.
Also my oldest is 15 months and on a sippy cup. What do you think about giving her BM in her cup so that she can still get the same nutrients? She had breast milk for the first month but I ended up drying up because she had a weak suck and wasn't able to latch.
Some please help me!
ariandlilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote