View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
decision to non-vax a personal choice

Ok, let me first say that I do not want any flaming on this question! I'm not looking for a debate--just info

I am in a debate with a woman from my nursing group because I have chosen to delay/non-vax (not sure which yet--need to learn more first). I and others have said that this is a personal choice everyone has to make. So this woman came back and said that it is not a personal choice, because it has very public consequences. She says that vaccines are there to prevent diseases that are too infectious for treatment (her words) and so if people choose not too they are putting everyone at risk. She also says that if there were a true measles outbreak in the U.S. that we would not be so worried about any autism link .

First of all I'm pretty sure there used to be measles outbreaks when our parents were young and they weren't that big a deal. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Other than that though I don't really know how to respond--I disagree with her but I don't know how to word it. So I'm calling on those who non-vax and have researched more than me to help me with my response.

TIA

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote