Thread: Vent about MIL
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #6
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Vent about MIL

She isn't so hung up about the formula thing, it is that I don't get to "get away" since she is "always nursing". I also make the mistake of complaining to her sometimes that I don't have a life and I guess it just fuels her fire. She doesn't seem to understand that, yeah I complain sometimes, BUT I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD. I just have to learn to keep my mouth shut around her. Also, she thinks it is terrible that dh and I don't get to go out by ourselves. She dropped her kids off at the grandparents' house once a week for datenight so she thinks we should do the same. I was complaining to her recently that dh has never taken the two kids anywhere by himself and she said, "You know, sometime after the kids are asleep you should just go to the grocery store all by yourself." I said, "Oh, no I love taking my kids with me places, I just don't want to be criticized or advized by someone who doesn't." I'm still not sure if she got it or not. I honestly can't imagine going to the store by myself, it just wouldn't be as much fun.

I also told her once, when she asked me when I was going to wean dd, that I didn't have the chance to nurse Emily (my dd I lost) and I planned on enjoying nursing Caitlyn as long as she wanted. I think that really go her goat.
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote