View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 09:33 PM   #24
Tummy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: VBAC? What VBAC?

*SHUDDER* Cytotec and Pitocin used for a VBAC??

Hello, drugs that are known to cause problems.. not in every case, but would you want to 'take the chance'?

YOUR BODY, YOUR CHOICE!

I second and third and fourth all the ICAN post!!!

Remember one thing, you create your reality. If you are going to have a VBAC, then YOU will have a VBAC. Don't let some sOB push you into an elective surgery!!!!!!!
Of course, I am not in any way shape or form saying to not have a repeat if it is a 100% medical emergency!

I have had 4 VBAC (2HBAC)... my last.. lmao, was hell. I had a sOB tell me flat out, (while he had his fingers inside me telling me that I was 4 cs)...

sOB:
"How do you plan to have this baby?"

ME:
"quickly!" (with a chuckle)

sOB:
"Ok, well we are going to take you to the OR for your c-section now, the nurse will get your concent papers for you to sign."

ME:
"No, I am NOT going to have a c/s. I am going to give birth through my vagina, the same way I have my last 3 babies, the way my body knows how to birth!"

sOB:
"I will not allow you to have a VBAC with me, you are a repeat C/S, that is the last word."

ME:
"and if I refuse to allow you to butcher my body knowing that right now I am safe that the baby is safe and I decide, as I already have, to have another VBAC?"

sOB:
"Well, you are more then welcome to sign AMA papers and leave... you can drive to another hospital."

OH YES, HE DID SAY THIS TO ME!!

I got off that bed, walked into the bathroom, put my clothes on, walked out the room.
The nurse came running after me yelling
"I have papers that you need to sign before you can leave!"

I turned around and screamed at her (mid contraction mind you)...
"F%K* YOUR #%@DAMN PAPER, I AM NOT SIGNING $H!T YOU HAND ME, SHOVE IT UP YOUR @$$!!!!!!!"
The elevator doors closed, I went home and had my baby in my bed that night!

Point to me sharing this story is.. you can do it.. it is your choice.. no one can make that for you. Just be informed, do your research, educate yourself!

YOUR BODY, YOUR CHOICE!!!!

(This was the 'on call' sOB.. now of course I had never seen this man before this day, and pray to the Gods I never see him again. My situation was much different then yours. My previous care giver "fired" me at 35 weeks cause I refused to consent to certain testing... another thread all on its own.)

Last edited by Tummy; 05-16-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote