View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
nicolehedges
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Need Thoughts on Telling Siblings a New Baby is Coming

I am due 2-18-09----13 weeks now. We still have not told our 6 older children they will be getting a new sibling. I just cannot come up with a fun idea of how to tell them. We have always just sat them down and said "guess what--we are having a baby" I want to tell them in a more exciting way this time. They are 11,9,5,3,2 and 14 months. With the age span it needs to be something they would all (with the exception of the 2 youngest) catch on to. I thought about making cupcakes and putting little baby shower edible sprinkles on them, but don't know if they would pay any attention. I also thought about putting one of our old "I am going to be a big brother" t-shirt on the baby, but when I ran that one past my husband he didn't even get it!! The 5 and 3 year old aren't reading yet so they wouldn't get that anyway.

I would love to hear how you have told the siblings and some ideas. I am just now starting to stick out so I need to get them all told soon.
Thanks so much!!