Thread: Every.two.hours
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 01:16 AM   #11
brandislee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Every.two.hours

Preface- I am a "mean" mama. I don't let my kids nurse for comfort, because I know I can't nurse forever and I want them to have something more permanant to sooth themselves with when they're upset, something I don't have to take away and something they can have with them when I'm not around. And at 11 months, your baby is nursing for comfort. So you have two choices. You can just wait and be tired and, eventually (although no one knows how long) it will slow down and stop. Or, you can help her stop. I do not believe it cry it out. My DD still wanted night feedings at 11 months (she was big, so up until then I was in denial that she didn't need it), and when I finally was like "enough," I didn't leave her to cry or ingnore her, I gave her a bottle of water instead (which was easy, she was taking bottles by then- if your doesn't do bottles you could try a paci or lovey or anything other than your breast) and for three nights in a row I rocked her until she calmed down, then put her back to bed. And she has slept through the night since! And let me tell you, that first full night of sleep you get after 11 months of waking up to feed is one of the best feelings. But like I said, I didn't have to tell you this. You know what your choices are.
brandislee is offline   Reply With Quote