View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
Kristen82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How to post pictures with Photobucket (step by step w/ pics*heavy*)

Hopefully this is the right place to put this.

Ok I figured that sense there are quite a few people who have no idea how to post pictures on here I thought I'd make up a tutorial . I dont think there is anything on here explaining this, but if there is feel free to ignore this lol. This is how to do it using photobucket. I'm going to be as thorough as possible...if I miss anything please let me know

First of all....go here:
http://photobucket.com/
and set up an account if you dont have one already (it's free)

Next you need to up-load your images, there are a few ways to do this on photobucket, I'll show you the 2 easiest ways IMO to do that:

New Image uploader:
First you need to choose what size you want your image to upload as (saves a huge amount of time IMO). I usually use large that way people can actually see what you are posting a picture of some of the others to me are too tiny. You choose it from the drop down menu seen here:

After you choose your size, you need to choose your picture. If you are wanting to upload more than one picture you can choose them all at once or choose one or two out of each file. To choose them all at once click on the first picture you want once, hold down the shift button and click on the last picture you want to upload. It will select every picture between the first and the last...like this:

If you only want some of the pictures out of that file, you can do that as well. Click on the first picture you want, then hold down the ctrl key and select which ever other pictures you want. If you let go of the ctrl key before your are done you will have to start over. But as you can see in this pic, I only have the first and last photo chosen.

Of course you can upload only one at a time buy just clicking on one picture and then clicking on open as well.

Once you have the pictures selected that you want to use, click on the open button and they will start to upload.

After they are finished, go down to the picture you want to put in your post and click once on the IMG code in the box. Photobucket will automatically highlight and copy the entire html code.

Now all you have to do is right click in your post and select paste and poof your picture is there

Now the old image uploader. This one has more steps involved and more of a pain to me lol, it's also slower. But I'll show you how anyway sense some people may prefer this one.

Ok you can only select one picture at a time here. This is what this upload screen looks like:

Click on one of the browse buttons to select your photo. Once you have found the picture either double click on it or click on open (I click open because when I double click I almost always end up clicking on an add and I get tired of the pop up's ) and then click on upload:

Once the image is uploaded and appears below you need to click on it

Then when the new screen comes up click on the resize button at the top and this screen will drop down...once again I prefer large, but you can choose which ever size you want. It will ask you if you are sure you want to do that, just click yes lol.

Scroll down a bit and you will see where the codes are. Just like above, click on the IMG code and paste it into your post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so with doing this, I did figure out a way to eliminate one step from the 2nd option lol.

You can see a link here that says options, click on that link:

This will pop up and you can choose which size you would like your pictures to upload at. Once you select make sure to scroll down a little bit and click on save.

Ok thats it for real lol.

Kristen82 is offline   Reply With Quote