View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #18
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Could we start a big families forum?

Actually, some of y'all may get a kick out of this. I was talking to a friend the other day about my stb-x and how I always wanted a large family but he didn't. When James was born (my second), MIL announced during Christmas dinner that I *HAVE* to get my tubes tied now that I have two because anything more than that is just crazy. P!ssed me off something terrible. Anyway, so I was talking to Adam about family size and he kept saying he wanted a small family but then some of the comments he made didn't seem to add up. Finally, he asked me what I considered a "big family" (since I was saying I wanted a big family) and I had to think about it. The only answer I could come up with was "whatever works out"...I take the "don't try, don't prevent" approach so things will work out the way they're supposed to (I'm 32 now, so I don't think I'll get up in the double digits unless I start cranking out twins and since I'm single again, it's going to be a while before I get back in the game at all). Turns out, he's one of six kids and he considers his family small! He says he doesn't want a big family meaning 14 (like some friends of ours from high school) or 19 (he was watching a thing on the Duggars the other day). He wants a small family...like his...six or seven kids spread out over 12-15 years! It loses something in the translation but when I realized what he was saying I couldn't stop laughing!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote