View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #9
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Thrush Support and Questions

A couple Q's for you pros on this:

Does the gentian violet taste bad to baby?
There is no taste to the baby!

I read on the bottle that it can tattoo deep sores and my ds is cutting his molars, would this tattoo his gums?
I would doubt it, but I don't know for sure

Is it really safe for baby?
Yup! I know quite a few people who have used it, and Dr Newman recommends it and he is awesome!!

Now what actually worked for us was internally taking grapefruit seed extract, but the pills! I had thrush with DS for what seemed like forever!!! We actually had it for about 3 or 4 months and nothing was working, until I met Dr Newman and emailed him and asked him his opinion and he told me about the grapefruit seed extract. It worked in less than a week and I know what you mean about the pain! It is awful! I have all of Dr Newmans articles saved on my computer because I loved his lecture that I went to when he came here. Just amazing!

For my cousin, it was the genetian violet that worked, but the nice thing about the grapefruit seed extract is that you can take it as a detterant after you get rid of thrush and it will stop it from coming back!

Good luck! I hope it goes away soon!
riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote