View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #11
DianeSKB
Registered Users
Formerly: pinaysosexy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! 8 mth old won't eat!

hi, im a new mom and it worries me when my dd does that.. but i figured out a way to get her to eat especially when i know she hasnt eaten in many hours (i bf her full time though, no miss)

usually my dd would eat if there's someone or something that's distracting her.. she would stare at my mom when my mom is making silly faces while i put the spoon on her lips and she'll just open up while still looking at my mom.. she'll play with her sippy cup or any of her loud noise making toys and will just open her mouth when i put a spoon in it without even looking at what im putting in her mouth (lol, ofcourse it's all edible, but just ex. ukno) this has been working pretty good for us.. (if it's you distracting her though, it's not very effective.. lol, i cant seem to feed her solids when im the only one around or when she's not distracted, my mom and my bro do a good job tryna make silly faces for about 15 minutes til she's done eating..)

and this distracting technique is also effective when there's a little bit left in the plate and she wouldnt eat anymore.. pretty much anything you can think of that you cant make her do, she'll do it when being distracted by something else.. just like when she cries.. she stops crying when she's given a toy..

just from experience.. i wish u good luck!
(my dd btw eats only baby cereals, puffs, and white rice.. bananas every now and then)

Last edited by DianeSKB; 11-23-2006 at 09:59 PM.
DianeSKB is offline   Reply With Quote