View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #6
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "If she'd just talk to her, she would start talking!" gmil and mil rant

Just wondering, have you had her hearing checked? I ask because both of my nephews were really slow in talking and a lot of their speech was really unintelligible but they did seem to understand what was being said, it turned out that they had a lot of fluid in the ears and both wound up having surgery to put tubes in their ears and after that both of their speech improved DRAMATICALLY. The oldest (who was 3) took a little longer to catch up but is right where he should be now, at age 4.

Anyway, it could be something completely different but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Thanks, his grandma is 94 so I know I need to cut her some slack, heck she still refers to Sage as he and him most of the time. But his mom makes comments all the time "You need to wean at 6 weeks, I fed Billy cereal at 2 weeks and he's fine, Billy slept on his belly on a quilt and he didn't die, etc" It is just frustrating.

We do sign with her. I started around 8-9 months, just like with Maia, She signed back for the first time at just over 14 months. She signs more, please, and milkie, I saw All Done for the first time today. The ones that get her things are obviously the most motivating. We sign dirty (for diaper change) thank you, help, bath, no, stop, drink, eat, book, hurt, and sorry. I think she understands them all but she doesn't sign them back. Her comprehension seems to be pretty good, it has picked up in the last 2 months. Other than hi, mama and dada everything else is unintelligible to anyone else. I can understand "this" and "day do" is thank you. It is so hard though because she gets so angry about it and is starting to throw lots of temper tantrums because we don't know what she wants.

Thanks for listening

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote