Thread: shipping
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #27
margarita
Registered Users

Re: shipping

This isn't the first time somebody's complained about my "shipping charges". So let me just explain why they're the way they are. First of all, I'm not trying to make huge profits out of shipping charges. I'd be starving by now if I relied on inflated shipping prices to support this business. My shopping cart is designed for wholesalers. If you purchase something like 6 or so diapers, the shipping charges aren't so bad and are pretty close to actual rates. But for 1 or 2, they may seem outrageous compared to what other wahms charge. Although I allow retailers to be able to order just 1 or 2 or 3 diapers to dropship to a customer, I obviously don't want to encourage it because it takes me just as much time to pack & ship 1 diaper as it is to ship 12 with all the administrative work that goes along with it. So it's not just a matter of covering shipping supplies. In line with that, the shipping charges are also meant to encourage customers to shop at my retailers' websites instead of mine, because if my retailers aren't making money, then I won't be around too long. Unfortunately there's no way I can set shipping charges to differentiate between retail or wholesale orders. I hope this clears up a lot of things and not make us look like we're out to take advantage of the consumer.
margarita is offline   Reply With Quote