View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chores for your dc?

In our family chores are just expected, they aren't paid to do their jobs. DH and I do our best to make sure they get what they need as well as things they want when it's within our financial powers to do so (i.e. Christmas, birthdays, etc) so they have all the "toys" PS1, 2, nintendo, tv's, dvd players, etc., additionally it would be financially difficult for us to pay all of them for chores (we have 8 kids, 6 of them have chores). The 4 yo is supposed to straighten out the shoes at the door, then the chores are spread out throughout the older kids: one gets one bathroom, another the other bathroom, one does the dishes, one cleans/vacuums the living room, another cleans the dining room (table and sweep floor). The child with the small bathroom duty has the additional chore of taking out the trash since the bathroom duty is a cinch. The older 4 do their own laundry. I keep things picked up and tidy as best I can throughout the day to keep their jobs lighter for the evening. The 3 yo will probably get a chore soon, we just haven't figured out what yet.

Last edited by ZooCrew10; 11-30-2006 at 06:37 PM.
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote