Thread: Tennessee Moms!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tennessee Moms!

My family is in Knoxville/Gatlinburg area, so we visit there a lot. I completely know what you mean about not knowing anyone who cds there. I would go to the malls babywearing ds1 in the Moby, and never saw anyone else. {Well Baby Bijorns sometimes}. For a long time it seemed like my family was the only one. I had a bittersweet feeling after we moved cross country, found this site, and saw that there was a babywearing group in Knoxville. I was so excited. When we came home to have ds2 near family, I was very happy to learn of two new "green stores" there.

Cutie Tooties in Knoxville sells all kinds of cds, covers, WAHMies wetbags & liners, etc. Here is that info if you are curious~
Cutie Tooties Cloth Diapers
(865) 357-9110
2448 Brierbrook Ln, Knoxville, TN 37921
http://cutietooties.com/

The mama Sunny that owns it has triplets and she is so sweet! She even kept the shop open so I could finish shopping! It is kinda hard to find if you aren't familiar with the area, but she can talk you through it. {She even came outside to wait until she saw us}.

The other store is ~
Nature Kids Mercantile
(865) 247-7301 www.naturekidsmercantile.com
7660 Northshore Dr Sw, Knoxville, TN 37919

This store is more about 'natural products" like wood toys, organic clothing, etc. They had cloth diapers, but from a local WAHM. {I have never heard of her}. I would have tried her pockets, but they were all really girlish looking. {VERY adorable though}. The wooden playset we bought ds1.. he has played with it every single day since we bought it.

Anyway, I didn't know if any of you knew that. I didn't find out until our last trip there in August. I know that I was VERY excited to see those types of stores there!! If you guys know of any others, please also list them.