View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #11
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Failure to thrive

I forgot about the SNS! I have one in my kitchen. I'll take it out and use that during the day when I nurse her.

I plan on pumping without a doubt. I actually started again tonight. I only got 2/3 of a ounce total, but im sure if I keep puping every 2 hours that the amount i get out will increase. I'd love to 4oz or more, out at each session. Gotta work at it.

I also started taking fenugreek and more milk plus tonight. While my supply is fine, I wanna boost it drastically so I can get a lot out. If there's a way for me to suppliment with my own milk, then im gonna do that. Whatever it takes right?

Sometimes we nurse skin to sking and other times she's dressed. Regardless, she falls asleep. There are times where she nurses nonstop, EFFECTIVELY, but that's the exceptions rather then the rule.

Ok so the plan is to use the sns while nursing her. When she's done, I will break out the pump and let it get as much out as it can, each time.

BTW.. my letdown happens easily. There's not usually a delay. When she latches on my milk lets down right away. A lot of the time i let down before I can even pick her up.

When I wake up in the morning, before I even open my eyes, my milk starts pouring out, and spilling onto my bed. Today for instance, not only did that happen but an hour later I randomly let down again and started spraying all over the place from my left side. It shot out 3" and kept on going for about 15 seconds.