View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
Sewing4Girls
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Weaning soon after 1yo

Ds2 is 11mo now. I am working toward weaning b/c I am having breast reduction surgery in December. I had had visions of bfing him until 2yo but he uses his top teeth in sucking- OUCH!! So with those 2 things combined, I am ready to wean- I think.
So here's what I've been doing: He still nurses 1-2 times @ night. I think that's going to be the hardest to stop. So, he nurses @ 3 am and then about 6:30am. We get up between 6:45 and 7am. I sit him in the highchair and give him multi-grain cheerios, juice, a tiny pancake or a piece of pear or pumpkin or banana bread. When he gets fussy mid-morning, I set him back in his chair and give him teeny tiny cheese cubes, crackers or cheerios and water and dehydrated peas. Then when he's ready for a nap around 11am, I nurse him. He sleeps for about an hour and when he wakes up I feed him lunch. I just cut up whatever the other 2 kids and I are eating for him- chicken, macaroni, other pasta, lentils and carrots a bit of baked apple with cinnamon and sugar. He has another snack/meal about 2- 2:30 then- generally more of what we had for lunch. He might nurse just a little afterwards- kinda like he's thirsty and needs a drink. I generally give him another longer nurse sometime in the afternoon there too. Supper time he again gets little bits of what we're having. He nurses to sleep about 7:30-8pm and then will wake up around 11-12 and nurse again.
Some days I feel optomistic that we will wean by the end of November and other times, I don't know. Just thought I'd log my journey here. Thursday was good, Friday a bit rougher, today was good.