View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: FYI, breast pumps might be covered by insurance...

Originally Posted by starbuckmom View Post
We have United Health Care too. How did you find out about them covering the pump for you? I am trying to find out so I can get one before my twins are born. If they don't, then we will just use our health savings account and see if they will reimburse us for it.
I had to call CS to find out! I couldn't find it by looking at the info on the internet, then also had to find out specifically who to buy it from so that it would be covered. That was a bit of a hassle since the names and places that they gave me did not carry pumps (carried other types of DME). Luckily there is a home health company that contracts through our hospital, so I will be able to get the pump when I deliver from the hospital and they will take care of all the billing!!

We have United, but DH's employer contracts for very good policies - so we tend to have coverage that others with United don't always have.

Mine is covered 100% (after the deductible that we have already met) - so depending on your policy and when it is billed may affect how much you pay!
Wife to C (1998) , Mommy to DD#1 (2004), DD#2 (2008) & DD#3 (2010)
Lovey is offline   Reply With Quote