Old 10-22-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Come Say Hi to Kellianne!!!

She's finally here! And so is her story:

This morning, DH & I went out looking at houses with our realtor again. I was feeling crampy and having contractions, but didn't think much of it since I'd had my membranes stripped the day before and had been feeling crampy ever since.

So, we came home and I sat down for a bit, it was about 12-12:30 and I started noticing they were hurting a bit more and coming closer together. I was on IM with a few people when they started being really strong and I couldn't even type out responses anymore. Said I had to go and started timing contractions. They were about 3 minutes apart, lasting 50 seconds.

I told DH to call our Midwife. She said to call her apprentice while she was on her way, so DH did. By now I wasn't interested in timing contractions, I was seriously in pain and wanted nothing but my birth pool filled up. I told DH to clean it and start filling it. After he cleaned it, he took the boys to a friend in our apartment complex and hurried back to fill it. It was actually a pretty nice setup.

Meanwhile, this was me:

So, finally it was filled up and I got in it. For some reason, my phones started going crazy. It seemed like everyone was calling me, though I'd called no one.

OK, so that was in between contractions, but you get the picture.

Anyway, I labored in the water for a while. At about 2:50, I got checked and was 7-8 cm. Back in the water I go. The contractions were intense and I really couldn't tell what was going on, but eventually with contractions came this great urge to push. This lasted for almost an hour. Finally, at 5:13pm, Kellianne was born!

I pushed, and once her head came out, the rest of her just shot out too. I was supposed to stop pushing so we could make sure there was no cord around the neck... oops.

She nursed pretty much right away.

She weighed in at 8 lbs 14 ozs, and 21 inches long.

Jaxon loves her...

...but thinks she stinks. "She needs a bath" he said with this look of disgust.

Kellianne and daddy (who videotaped most of it too, and I'll have to snip and edit before I can share)

Jordan seems to think she's pretty cool too.

Everything is going well. She's a pro at BFing. And I'm managing with the horrid afterpains.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote