View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
pillywiggins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I make her eat?

Quote:
Sensory issues normally do not present in this fashion (used to eat fine but now won't) but you should always check...while MOST kids will not starve themselves, a child with sensory issue WILL indeed starve to death before eating textures/foods/etc they do not like. A feeding tube is generally the only way to keep these kids alive.
I was just thinking the same thing. One of my twins has sensory issues. There was a time that she ate everything, then all of the sudden stopped. Therapists said probably because she would start to choke or hurt to swallow since she couldn't chew well so she gave up. She would rather starve than to eat. Renny only eats about 7 different foods within the same family. Crunchy, cold soft and that's it. No meat, no veggies, no fruits.

I would give her whatever she wants to eat. If it's ramen noodles so be it. It's not the best thing but it's something. Has she always been small? My oldest is little (3yrs, 28 pounds) and the other twin is 2 yrs old and only 21 pounds but both consistent on the growth charts.